1) Stop and smell the roses (literally and figuratively)! Go for a walk outside and breathe in the natural beauty. Walk around your neighbourhood and notice your neighbour's gardens, take a walk in the park, woods or beach.
2) Hug a loved one or a friend. Oxytocin, known as the “love” hormone, is increased when you touch or are touched by a loved one. It strengthens the immune system and releases dopamine – a source of good feelings and motivation. Hugging helps get us through stressful situations and balances the nervous system.
3) Do a short-guided meditation or visualization. Find one that works for you and your schedule.
4) Relax in a sea salt bath with a few drops of lavender essential oil. A spa retreat in the comfort of your own home!
5) Smile! (bonus points for smiling at strangers!). A smile costs nothing and can make someone else's day! Plus, it signals to the brain to release hormones - endorphins and serotonin, which are excellent mood-boosters.
6) Schedule some time for your friends. Even if your schedule doesn’t allow to meet up today, make plans for another day so you have something to look forward to.
7) Wear some bright colours. Colours carry a different vibrations. An outfit that is uniquely you can instantly make you feel confident and empowered.
8) De-clutter your desk or a counter in your home. Clearing space in your physical environment helps to detox your mind so you will feel calmer and more at peace.
9) Take a social media break. It’s easy to become overwhelmed and fatigued by what’s going on in the world. So take a break even for just one day or an evening!
10) Give out some heart-centred compliments. Showering others with praise is a fast and sure-fire way to boost the receiver’s vibes and yours at the same time!
11) Listen to uplifting music! This is an amazing way to lift your spirits. Why not come up with your own ‘good vibes' playlist!
12) Take a mental health day. This is just as important as taking time off when you’re physically ill. Engage in some self–care, or any activity that will lift you up.
13) Breathe. It’s easy to get caught up in our fast-paced lives, and this can increase anxiety and cause shallow breathing. Try and breathe deep from your diaphragm and this will lift you into a calm and relaxed state!
Try relaxing or mediating to our latest oceanic playlist. Available on all major streaming channels.