Chakras are the circular vortexes of energy that are in seven different points on the spinal column, all seven chakras are connected to the various organs and glands within the body. These chakras are responsible for disturbing the life energy, which is also known as Chi or Prana.
Much like the name suggests, the Throat Chakra symbolises our true inner voice, and our ability to communicate with others. It is represented by a bright blue colour, and it is associated with our abilities to listen, empathise and communicate with others.
The throat chakra is the voice to the heart chakra and our ability to communicate our personal power. When it is functioning at full capacity, it allows us to express ourselves truthfully and clearly.
When we have a blocked throat chakra we will feel like we have trouble finding the words to say how we truly feel. We may struggle with things such as fear of expressing our thoughts, shyness, social anxiety, lack of creativity, and verbal aggressiveness.
When we have a healthy throat chakra we are creative, honest, confident, assertive, and unafraid of communicating our truth. You will be open, fluent, honest, and unafraid to share how you truly feel. Respect and authenticity will come to define your interactions with others, and you will freely share your truth no matter what the cost.
When you need guidance, you will trust the inner voice of your Soul as your ultimate Teacher.
The Throat chakra is associated with the following characteristics:
- Ability to express your truth and speak out
- Communication, Verbal or non-verbal, external or internal
- Connection with the more subtle realms of spirit and intuitive abilities
- Creating and projecting ideas and blueprints into reality
- Realizing your vocation or purpose in life
- Express yourself: This chakra has a natural connection with the sacral chakra. The throat chakra’s emphasis is on expressing and projecting creativity into the world.
- Because of its location, it’s often seen as the “bottleneck” of the movement of energy in the body. It sits just before the upper chakras of the head. It can greatly help align your vision with reality and release the pressure that may affect the heart chakra that is located just below.
When you have a clear and harmonious throat chakra, you will feel self-confident in your ability to express your thoughts and feelings clearly. As a result of balancing your throat chakra, you will experience more clarity, trust, joy, and freedom as a result of being able to communicate with confidence. Sound healing therapy is perfectly suited to purifying the throat chakra and influences us on a cellular level due to the vibrations they transmit.
To help balance your throat chakra, try staring at the blue sky, wearing blue, or surrounding yourself with blue and notice the difference.
Affirmation "I speak my truth, always."
If you feel like your throat chakra is blocked, try mediating to the Buddist Throat singing song below.