Getting a good nights sleep is fundamental to improving your overall health and well-being. Without adequate sleep, we become more susceptible to physical and mental illnesses. Here are our TOP 5 sleep aids that we recommend here at Stardust Vibes! 😴
1. SLEEP MASKS: Using a sleep mask is one of the easiest and most effective ways of improving your quality of sleep. Minimising artificial light in your bedroom is often the best way to address sleeping problems. Light from computers, televisions, clocks, phones, etc., can stop you from falling into a deep and peaceful sleep at night. Even when your eyes are closed, external lights can stimulate your retinas and increase your brainwave activity. This can stop you from falling into REM sleep, which is commonly considered to be one of the most replenishing stages of your sleep cycle.
As an added bonus, regular use of a sleep mask (especially one made of silk), can help you look and feel younger. They help protect the delicate skin around your eyes and minimise moisture loss throughout the night. Many of us wake up with imprints on our face caused by creased pillows and sheets. If you apply moisturiser to your eyes at night then a sleep mask can help it stay on longer so that it can be better absorbed into your skin.
2. OIL DIFFUSERS: Placing an oil diffuser in your bedroom is a great way to naturally relieve stress and anxiety. Adding essential oils such as lavender, sandalwood, chamomile, and bergamot to your diffuser can help increase serotonin levels, which is responsible for your overall wellbeing and happiness. Studies have shown that depression and loneliness often appear when serotonin levels are low or absent. Having one of these in your bedroom will help relax your mind, body, and spirit by creating a peaceful and stress-free environment.
3. SHUNGITE: This rock can help protect you from excessive electromagnetic radiation emitted from WiFi signals and radio waves. Unfortunately, in this day and age, it’s not always possible to completely eliminate these signals from your bedroom. However, wearing a Shungite necklace or placing some Shungite Pyramids around your bedroom can help absorb and minimise the effects of these signals. Shungite is also said to boost your immune system and stimulate your natural healing responses, which means that you are more likely to wake up feeling refreshed and rejuvenated in the morning.
4. PROJECTORS: Light projectors can help create a soothing and tranquil ambience in your bedroom. If you have trouble falling asleep in complete darkness then a natural feeling light may be the answer. Usually, any type of light in the bedroom can disrupt your melatonin levels (which is a hormone that helps regulate your sleep/awake cycle), therefore we recommend that you use nightlight projectors in the hours leading up to sleep. However, you could experiment and see how it personally affects you while you sleep. They can also be used to create a peaceful atmosphere in your living room, especially when combined with relaxation music or nature sounds.
5. NATURE SOUNDS: Listening to recordings of nature sounds can help create a calming environment for deep relaxation and sleep. Generally people naturally perceive nature sounds as non-threatening. Our minds are programmed to detect patterns and make generalisations in the environment. Nature sounds typically do not have any identifiable patterns, which means the mind eventually gives up and thus stops scanning the environment for danger. We have an extensive collection of nature sounds recordings on our YouTube channel. Alternatively, we have an MP3 Nature Sounds Sleep Pack available HERE to purchase.
Sweet dreams 😴