Your Third Eye Chakra: Opens You to New Opportunities
The third eye chakra is the sixth chakra. Located on the forehead, between the eyebrows, it is the centre of intuition and foresight. The function of the third eye chakra is driven by the principle of openness and imagination.
The third eye chakra is most commonly represented by the colour purple or bluish purple. It can also be seen as translucent purple or a bluish-white.
The Third eye chakra is associated with the pineal gland in charge of regulating biorhythms, including sleep and wake time. It’s a gland located in the brain that is a centre of attention because of its relationship with the perception and effect of light and altered or “mystical” states of consciousness. It is close to the optical nerve, and as such, sensitive to visual stimulations and changes in lighting.
Characteristics of The Third Eye Chakra:
- Perception of subtle dimensions and movements of energy
- Psychic abilities related to clairvoyance and clairaudience especially
- Access to mystical states, illumination
- Connection to wisdom, insight
- Motivates inspiration and creativity
The third eye opening comes gradually and affects everyone differently. If you are looking for signs there are some common symptoms that could hint to the third eye being activated.
The third eye opening is different for everyone. You might experience all of the symptoms below or none.
- Buzzing/tingling forehead
- An increase of headaches/migraines (third eyes need time to adjust like everything else)
- Visions during meditation (could be extrasensory as well)
- Sudden clarity about life issues that have been plaguing you
- Mystical or paranormal experiences
- Strong intuition and inner-knowing
- Enhanced ability to think for yourself and make your own decisions
- Increased creativity and connection to nature.
Awakening your third eye requires dedication, patience, and determination. It can open spontaneously in meditation, yoga, or engaged in activities where your awareness is heightened and you feel connected. Society has trained us to shut our third eye tightly and never open it. We’ve been taught to be afraid of wisdom.
Inner wisdom is considered unnecessary and sometimes even dangerous to society. Some of us were raised in situations that isolate us from our inner wisdom. This is through no fault other than societal pressure and norms.
The lesson of conforming, obeying the rules without question, and ignoring our inner voice has become so ingrained into us, that it’s hard to shake it off. Don’t worry it is never too late to activate this chakra!
Your spiritual journey is your own!
Affirmation: ‘I am open to receive and trust my inner wisdom’
Leave a comment